I am not a fan of homework at all. I've never told The Gooch this, but I really don't see the point of having it at his age, and certainly don't see the point of spending hours on it a night by the time he's in high school. But, I've enrolled him in school, so I know he'll have it. Tonight was his first homework assignment, a simple worksheet that he could have done in his sleep two years ago. I told him we needed to find a pencil to get it done, and he actually said "I know!! How bout you just do it and then put it in my folder and tomorrow I'll trick them and make them think I did it!" I could not believe this, and was thankful B was around to hear it too. We were appalled and doubled over in laughter at the same time. Then, we did the homework fair and square.
See, it's all done!
See, it's all done!

And here's a shot of him this morning. I thought he looked so grown up and so adorable all at the same time. :)

3 comments:
He does look so much older in this photo....if it weren't for the car to his right giving away size portion. :)
Were you able to contain the laughter in front of him when he suggested the cheating scheme? Super funny.
OMG, he is so CUTE!
I couldn't agree more on the homework. The worst year for my daughter was 4th grade - it was a new teacher and she wanted to let it known from the get go that she was going to be a tough teacher.
She would routinely have 2+ hours EVERY night! But I told her, if you can handle this, you can handle homework every year after this - and sure enough, she just started her senior year of high school and has less homework now then 4th grade!
I am always a sucker for first day of school pics too! :D
Monica--Um, no, definitely not. We laughed hard, in front of him. :)
Biz--Nice to meet you. I took a peek over at your blog and look forward to catching up on it. I don't know what I'll do if he has 2 hours of homework EVER! Yikes!
Post a Comment