Sunday, September 7, 2008

Update

Wow! Where have we been? 15 days without any post, and over a month with no photos! Here's a catch-up.


I sent R off to get his shoes on. This is what he found.


The Gooch and his Mommy take a lot of self-portraits.



I've always wished for a little girl. ;) R says "I look like Mattea!" -- his teacher's girl. This was just temporary--seconds really. :)



We have a huge pool as far as kiddie pools go, and an awesome slip and slide setup. So, of course, The Gooch wants to spend his time filling up the "hole" in our yard. Then he'll jump down and sit in it. I took the first picture, and the second two, he directed me to take.





Our dryer was broken for three weeks ! So, we washed at home, then carted off
the wet clothes to the laundrymat. We went as a family the last weekend and R rode in their 25 cent car, and on their mini mini carosel. As you can see, he's also way overdue for a haircut!



This weekend was the "fall festival" for a couple of towns around us. We chose one, and B, R, me, and Mega spent part of Saturday there. We didn't do much while there (it was a REALLY small festival), but it was beautiful outside so it was nice to be out. There was a parade. In these pictures, we're waiting for it to start. (Mommy--let's make silly faces!) As you can see, we've gotten haircuts.



This is still at the parade. We don't know this kid. But, he and R were chatting about why the parade hadn't started and about all the candy they'll get, and I thought it was so cute. The parade finally began, and I tried to get a picture of the mad dash for candy, but finally gave up and enjoyed the parade.


On Friday night, we were bored, so we called the fire department. Really, we smelled gas and had them come check it out. All was well, they were so nice, I was really impressed. R was so excited, of course, with a little apprehension about "why" they had to come to our house. The Gooch made them this "Thanks" sign, and we took it to the firehouse, but they were out on a call. If you click on the picture, it will get bigger and you can see my dictation on what he drew.


On another note, I started back to school to get my Bachelor's. I ended up going back to LCC, as I was losing way too many expensive credits when trying to transfer my AA degree. Wish me luck! It's one night away from home a week, but it's hard to go that night instead of staying with R. R's been having trouble with his bm's, and that's been frustrating. We're going to call the Dr. tomorrow though to see what we can figure out. It's made for some extra laundry and some sore bellys and behinds.

Keep us in your prayers, not just for that, but all the time. :) Thanks!

No comments: